Keeping You Informed
Clear, accurate information is vital during times of crisis. Tallahatchie Valley Electric Power Association is making every effort to keep you informed about how we are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic, along with ways you can protect yourself and your family. To ensure you see our information:
- Follow us on Facebook: @TVEPAOfficial or @tvifiber
- Subscribe to email alerts: www.tvepa.com
- Sign up for text messaging alerts: www.tvepa.com
- Visit our website: www.tvepa.com
What We Are Doing Internally
We are working to implement work schedules to protect our employees and customers from exposure to the virus.
- If an employee has been exposed to the coronavirus, we are asking them to stay home until they can be tested or otherwise cleared.
- Beginning March 18, 2020, we are closing our offices to the public in an effort to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Our Drive-Thru and Night Dropository located at 250 Power Drive in Batesville will remain open. Please call (662) 563-4742 with any questions you may have about your service needs, and use one of our many convenient payment options to pay your bill without visiting our office.
Helping with Economic Hardship
For many industries, the impact of COVID-19 will be felt immediately. Several of our members may see their incomes impacted as they are told to stay home from work.
As a service provider invested in our communities, we are committed to helping our members get through these uncertain times. That’s why, until we know more about this situation and what the repercussions may be, Tallahatchie Valley Electric Power Association is suspending service disconnect orders for non-payment. It is our recommendation that members make every effort to stay current and to call the office at (662) 563-4742 if any payment arrangements are needed. Charges to your account will still accrue and all fees and penalties for non-payment will still remain.